Valentine’s Day is right around the corner. One week away! Are you ready? Have you made plans with your significant other? If you’re still searching for a last minute idea or two, keep reading.
Whether you’re going on a first date or celebrating your 20th Valentine’s Day together, there’s something for every romantic in our list of last minute Valentine’s Day Celebrations! Now soak up some inspiration and get planning.
1. 11th: Looking for something a little more active? The Hot chocolate 5K/15K is for you. “While marshmallow sweet stations are dotted along course routes and a Finisher Mug encourages the consumption of decadent fondue, don’t write the Hot Chocolate Series off as a race that’s all about the glitz.” Need we say anything else beyond marshmallow sweet stations?!
2. 11th: Want to celebrate Valentine’s Day with your whole family? Bring the kids to the Nashville Zoo’s Teddy Bear Clinic. The Nashville Zoo Veterinary Department will be on call from 10:00am – 3:00pm to perform routine checkups on your child’s stuffed animal. The clinic is FREE with zoo admission. No registration is necessary.
3. 11th-12th: Is your significant other a fan of Smashsville? Does the sight of Gnash or Pekka Rinne make her want to scream her head off? If the answer is yes, the Predators are in town right before Valentine’s day. Predators tickers are the best gift you can give your spouse who’s dying to catch the puck.
4. 14th: Is your girlfriend a fan of Ariana Grande? It’s not too late to get tickets. She’s performing at Bridgestone ON Valentine’s Day!!
5. 14th-15th: Looking for something funny and different this Valentine’s? Zanies Couples Comedy Show General Admission Tickets are $10. Take your love for a laugh. Maybe you’ll even get on stage!
6. 14th: Frankie Valley and the Jersey Boys are performing with the Nashville Symphony. Be sure to check out their Love Is In The Air date night packages.
7. 13th-14th: Couples Valentine’s cooking classes. Check out for available slots for two nights of fun, delicious, romantic cooking together.
8. If natural beauty and the quiet of nature are more your pace, try strolling through centennial park. Check out the newly unveiled “Cockrill Spring [in Centennial Park], which has been buried for more than a century and now flows over a winding stone channel. Gardens and landscaping surround the shallow channel, [with] benches and stone seating.”- The Tennessean. Such a beautiful addition to a beautiful park in the heart of Nashville.
9. Make chocolate covered strawberries at home together. Never done anything like this before? Check out this super simple recipe; it’s so easy anyone can make them. And if all else fails, you get to eat the melted chocolate.
10. Ford Ice, downtown Nashville’s ice skating rink is a fun, inexpensive way to do something with your special someone this Valentine’s Day. Check out this link for a complete schedule of public skate sessions and pricing info.
11. Make a heart shaped pizza. Pizza is super easy to make at home. Your local grocery store has everything you need from pre-made dough to mozzarella and all your favorite toppings. Shape your pizza dough into a heart instead of a circle and romance is born! Oh, and you have dinner.
12. 11th-14th: Valentine’s Morning Quickie – Mimosa Love Painting Class @ Dabble Studio. Grab your partner and a paintbrush and get ready to paint complementary paintings that when put together create one romantic masterpiece.
13. 14th: Belmont Mansion elopement-style weddings. They will accept reservations for morning elopements between 7:00 AM and 9:00 AM. They will accept reservations for evening elopements between 6:00 PM and midnight.
14. We saved the best for last. Recreate your first date. Where was your first date? What were you wearing? Did you bring your girlfriend or boyfriend a single white carnation? Recreating the memory of that magical night is guaranteed to make your partner swoon and remember all of the reasons he or she loves you so much!